Thursday, October 06, 2005

Just another crazy day

If we've learned anything, it's that every day holds a new, unimaginable adventure --or maybe I should say fiasco. We had a meeting scheduled with Palmyra this morning, but apparently a roof-raising had come up. I'll just say that Trav found himself heaving a poured concrete roof onto brick pillars with 30 Tamil office workers, a French architect, and a German ecologist. Two hours later we were learning about healing stones and astrology with Sabine; our design meeting only required about 20 minutes of the morning.

This afternoon we visited the local secondary school to deliver cards made by Mrs. Eby's 5th grade class. The children were so delighted to meet us and see photos of their American counterparts. We left them crayons and markers so they may write letters back to the kids in Ohio. I think the 5th graders will be equally interested to see how much different the Indian school is. Can you tell which one is me in the photo?

2 Comments:

At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you tell which one is me in the photo? I can!!!! but then I am your Aunt Diane.
It sure was good talking to you Sunday. I love hearing about your tip and this is fun seeing the pictures. I have a little car icon with your name so I can go directly to your site. Is the kitten in the picture of you at the hut the one Travis was talking about?

Keep up the good work! We are so proud of you (and Travis too)
Love and prayers to you both.

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Lauren and Travis said...

No, that's our cat, Harriet. The kitten was much more terrifying. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home