Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Winter Wonderland

Trav and I have received lots of wonderful advice and loads of help from a friend of a friend in India. Harini is a young architect who has been invaluable to us as we prepare for this project. Soon the two of us will be trading places when she begins attendence at a UK university. Congratulations, Harini!

When she enquired about the weather in England, I was happy to return a favour...but the answer may have been hard to bear: the winter temperatures are between 7 and 1 degree Celcius. I had to laugh when she replied, "Oh my! You know the temperatures here in south India are always fluctuating between 35 and 45 degree celcius. There is nothing called winter -in December the temperatures are around 28."

She must have been horrified when I told her most days this summer have not reached 25 degrees. The Brits call that a heat wave!

But the good news is it looks like we'll be able to meet in London just before I leave next week. I'll check the forecast for the 14th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home